independence

Towards the pinnacle, 
I had decided to walk.
There I saw the conquest of land, people and mind.
They were the shackles of power and slander
Fortune and colour, 
language and justice,
Bais and opportunity.

Not one but all in the mad race,
Love, ethics, origin had no trace.
The balance I was carrying got heavier enough to carry on one end,
Trying hard I saw it run out like sand, 

I saw disease, poverty, hunger, 
Slavery and misery, 
My image of garden broke, 
There was vast expsnse of ruin and deceit, 
Liberty was becoming an expensive deal.

Will the fog ever clear, 
The crying eyes will see the cheer,
The day the sun rises that way, 
The horizon will glow in aura of independece.

There have been die hard fans of place we call our haven, 
Many have gone but many will appear.
I will keep the lamp buring till wake of that dawn.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muddy puddle

In the end