Varied meanings


Varied meanings.....

Heard the rain splatter on glass,

Took me back,

Walk to school and chattering in the class,

The dark, overcast sky,

The smell of wet earth,

been so special, always.

The paper boats,

The aroma in the kitchen.

It doesn't happen anymore,

I guess I have lost my sense, 

But thinking hard, it just doesn't happen anymore.

We ride to school,

love to hear the rain drops on on phone,

"rain water is unsafe", Mumma says.

 

This is rain for me,

 

You know rain is a bane,

I have a house, so I don't complain. 

No thoughts for those who are out,

Nothing to eat, rain is a relief from the heat,

When it pours too much, 

the shelters break, 

there's desolation followed by pain

disease and death.

No one cares and no one shares,

 

Save it, for what?

I don't need too much,

 

Only to satiate a farmer and not destroy the life.

That is the balance we set off big time,

Set our own pyres, in this game of life

 

I lost the beginning so here I go back,

To just a happy space in my head.

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Muddy puddle

In the end

independence